Hello Gorgeous Ladies!
In this week's episode of Jalisa's Fashion Files, I will be showing you all how to measure yourselves correctly in order to determine your body shape. These are the THREE areas you want to make sure to measure: bust, waist, and hips.
What you'll need:
1. Measuring strip (with inches side to make it easier)
2. Clothing that will be form fitting to your shape (remove bra!)
3. Paper and pencil/pen to jot down you measurements in this order: B, W, H
COMPARING ALL THREE NUMBERS:
1. IF YOU ARE PEAR SHAPED: Your hips will be the largest # of the three, the waist
being the smallest.
2. IF YOU ARE AN APPLE SHAPE: Your bust and waist #'s will be larger than
your hips. Your hips will be the smallest
3. IF YOU ARE AN INVERTED TRIANGLE: Your bust # will be the largest of the three.
Your hips will be the smallest.
4. IF YOU ARE RECTANGULAR SHAPED: Your bust and waist #'s will be about the same
and your waist will be about 1-8 inches smaller than your bust.
5. IF YOU ARE AN HOURGLASS SHAPE: Your bust and hip #'s will be about the same
and your waist will be about 8-12 inches smaller than BOTH your bust and hips.