I've been asked quite frequently how to wear and select a belt for the different body shapes and torsos (short or long waisted). Since it has been a topic that has been requested and asked a lot, I decided it would be great to record a video explaining my suggestions, which I hope that you all find helpful and insightful :)
TIPS MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO:
1. Wear a belt that is the similar or same color as the top that you're wearing, it'll visually elongate your top half.
2. Avoid wearing belts that are the same color as your bottoms or the blend in, such as navy or black belts with denim jeans. This will make your legs appear longer, while cutting off visual inches from your waist.
1. Wear belts that are the same or similar color to your bottoms or that blend in, they will help visually elongate your legs and cut off visual inches from your torso.
2. Wear a pop of color that creates contrast with your entire outfit, in other words, that does NOT blend in with your outfit. This will neutralize everything and not make any one area appear longer than the other, if you have equally long legs as your torso.
1. Wear belts that provide contrast to your entire look, such as in color, print, or texture, to help visually set apart your upper and lower portions.
1. Wear wider belts, they can help visually slim the midsection and help prevent agains "spillage" over your bottoms.
2. Select darker colored belts. They don't bring attention to the midsection and accomplish concealing the area.
PEAR & HOURGLASS:
1. Avoid wearing wide belts that blend in with your bottoms, as they can add visual width to your hips.
Music in Inro:
BY: Lino Rise
Licensed under Creative Commons by Attribution 3.0
DISCLAIMER: This video has NOT been sponsored!
Thanks so much for watching and please, subscribe if you haven't already!