1. I am a born and raised New Yorker; I grew up in The Bronx borough.
2. With that, I can tell what borough someone's from based on their NY accent. Yes, there's a difference!
3. I'm the true definition of a mutt: Ashkenazi Jewish, Irish, Afro-Puerto Rican, Colombian, Portuguese and Lithuanian.
4. I survived Catholic school.
5. I was always outside as a kid from dawn 'til dusk. I was the neighborhood leader, a bit mischievous :)
6. I had an intense obsession with cleaning as a child. I would sanitize my doll house on a daily basis and would know immediately if anyone touched anything in my room!
7. I have a nervous laughter. If I see someone fall, for instance, I will most likely laugh, but not to be mean, I just get nervous!
8. I wear contacts. I wore glasses since the first grade.
9. I had a really bad in-toeing "pigeon toed" condition when I was little, I would trip over myself when I walked! I had to wear special shoes to bed and inserts in my shoes during the day to straighten my feet. Think run Forest, run... I still toe-in when I relax my feet :)
10. Pizza is my weakness. Ok, now I'm craving it!
11. I've been told I'm funny; I'm such a goof ball!
12. I'm really, really, really clumsy! Keep me far away from glass.
13. I wanted to become a neurosurgeon; I hold a science degree and I worked at New York State's Psychiatric Institute at Columbia University as a research assistant for 2 years.
14. I started babysitting at 11. I was pretty mature :)
15. I worked at Ann Taylor Loft for about a year. This is when I realized how much I loved styling people (I was always placed in the fitting room).
16. I worked at Dunkin Donuts my first year of college. My hair always smelt like coffee!
17. I got married to my husband at 20. He's my best friend and other half of this blog (I love you, babe!)
18. I have a 13 year old step-daughter (who thinks she's grown!)
19. I frequently challenge myself to talk less and listen more. It's crazy the things people actually say, when you pay attention!
20. One of my best friends is 77!
21. I have an older sister (6 years older)
22. I think I'm a cat because it feels like I have 9 lives. I've had way too many near death experiences!
23. I can't really swim. Perhaps it's because I traumatized myself when I was younger by throwing myself into the Long Island sound off a boat, not knowing how to swim and without a life vest, more than once. Yea, I almost died a few times.
24. I'm a devout Starbuck's coffee drinker.
25. I learned spanish because my mother-in-law stayed with us for 6mths and doesn't speak English. Lol, it was interesting!
26. I'm very indecisive. I frustrate my own self!
27. I lost 25lbs and have kept it off for 9 years and counting!
Thanks for taking the time to get to know me! Now, tell me one fun fact about YOU! I hope you have an amazing day :)