GET THE LOOK!
Shirt: Marshalls (similar style on sale here) // Tank: Marshalls (similar style here) // Skirt: Thrifted (similar style here) // Short Necklace: c/o Athra Luxe (here-use code CONTOUR for 10% off any item!) Ring: c/o Kendra Scott (here) // Shoes: Steve Madden from Marshalls (similar style here)
I'm a '90s kid and proud of it! To me, the youth of today are totally missing out. I mean, yeah, they have all this advanced technology, but it still doesn't compare to my era and if your'e a '90s kid, I know you agree! Yup, we didn't watch re-runs of Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Full House, Blossom or Sister, Sister...we watched new episodes! Yeah, chocker necklaces, plaid, body suits, distressed denim, we had them all! But, I can't deny that during my childhood, I watched re-runs of old classics, like Happy Days and The Brady Bunch, wishing I was apart of that era, too. Isn't that crazy how we take an interest and find inspiration in years past?! Well, in today's post, I'm bringing it back to the '90s, with a modern flare, of course!
I'm sporting the Uncle Jesse classic, plaid, leather and tank. Got it dude?! Haha! Seriously, this is the time of year I tend to reach for plaid the most, since I feel it works best in the fall and winter months, but of course it can be worn in the spring, depending on the color palette! I love to wear it with leather pieces, whether it be in skirt, legging or jacket form, I think the combo is edgy and just down right cool, would you agree?! I decided to create a more relaxed feel by leaving the shirt unbuttoned and knotting it, to have the tank show, but this would look great completely buttoned and tucked in for work! If you are going for a more casual feel, try knotting it like I did. I feel it creates the same vibe as adding a waist belt, since the eye will gravitate to the waist and the knot will create a contoured effect for any body shape.
I also wanted to share that I have been tagged by three lovely fellow bloggers for both the Libster Award and The Versatile Blogger Award, thank you so much, ladies! Both Vanessa from Living in Steil and Olena from Keen on Beauty nominated me for the Libster and Venus of Emotera Goddess nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I mixed up the questions from all 3 ladies, so here we go:
1. Q. Describe yourself in 3 words?
A. Humorous, ambitious and honest
2. Q. Why did you start blogging?
A. I wanted to help a larger amount of women simultaneously to feel comfortable and confident in the clothing they wear on a daily basis, by providing outfit ideas and valuable and practical information and suggestions.
3. Q. What is your favorite way to spend the afternoon?
A. Catching up with friends or my mom (we're pretty close)
4. Q. What does the perfect outfit look like to you?
A. To me, the perfect outfit would be one that has a bold color or print somewhere. Something funky, but works!
5. Q. If you could move anywhere in the world for one year, where would you go?
A. I'd have to say Costa Rica. Eddie and I have talked about visiting, it looks so beautiful!
1. Q. What inspires you the most?
A. Everything! Having grown up in New York, I've been inspired by so many things, from cultures, to art, you name it! I think that's why my style tends to be a little bold, as well as eclectic.
2. Q. What is your favorite current trend?
A. I'd have to say the '70s trend because it's one of the fashion eras I'm most inspired by!
3. Q. Do you buy clothes/cosmetics online or do your prefer physical stores?
A. I prefer physical stores, I don't like the pain of trying something on that doesn't fit, sending it back and waiting for it to come back again in my size. Plus, I like to see and touch everything, probably a little too much, haha!
4. Q. What is your biggest dream?
A. To open a clothing boutique!
5. Q. Would you still work if you became a millionaire?
A. Absolutely! If I became a millionaire because of my business, I'd want to very much be apart of the continual growth of that business!
Venus' random facts:
1. I have a type A personality, everything is organized in my room and closet in color and size order.
2. I have a photographic memory to some extent.
3. I'm really afraid of bugs, no matter how small! Those creatures can have poison!
4. I've had a Siamese cat all my life.
5. I'm very analytical; I tend to over think!
Bloggers I Nominate:
Vanessa of What Would V Wear
Uzo of Style n' Beauty Lounge
Tanya of Stripes n' Vibes
Heidi of Wishes and Reality
Kelly of Rosy Outlook
Julianna of Blush and Camo
Danielle of Spring 2 Spring
Danielle of Blush Blossom
Honia of Lovely Attitude
1. What's your favorite color?
2. Cats or dogs?
3. Tea or coffee?
4. Favorite designer?
5. Favorite place to shop?
6. Favorite food?
7. Favorite season?
8. What do you like most about yourself?
9. What's your favorite perfume or body mist?
10. How would you define your style?
Libster Award Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and comment on their blog.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Nominate (10) bloggers that you think deserve the award and notify them.
4. Answer the questions you are give and create 10 questions of your own for the bloggers you nominate.
5. Make a copy of the rules in your post.
I hope you all enjoyed this post, thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you found some inspiration and interest in it! Have a fabulous weekend, beautiful friends; see you Monday!